Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Binge Watching

I love binge watching shows. I do it a lot. There are some great sites out there to help you binge watch better and some that make it harder. Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube are all amazing when it comes to binge-watching as they can not only auto-play episodes of shows, but they can also suggest new shows for you to watch. One of the biggest issues I have when watching sites like Netflix is when it asks me if I am still watching. 



One of the shows I consistently binge-watch when the seasons come out is Stranger Things. When both the first and the second seasons came out, I watched them in no more than two sittings.
According to the Guardian, these are the most binged shows

1. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
2. Fuller House
3. The Ranch
4. Marvel’s The Defenders
5. The Seven Deadly Sins
6. Trailer Park Boys
7. Santa Clarita Diet
8. F is for Family
9. Orange is the New Black
10. Stranger Things
11. Friends from College
12. Grace and Frankie
13. Wet Hot American Summer
14. Atypical


15. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
16. House of Cards
17. Master of None
18. Luther
19. GLOW
20. Arrested Development
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/18/which-netflix-shows-are-being-binged-the-fastest 


I myself have binged Seven Deadly Sins 



and Stranger Things. I also love to binge Game of Thrones at home. One thing people forget is you can binge watch shows on disc. I personally watch Game of Thrones on BluRay. I will watch a large number of episodes at a time with my dad. It can be nice binging from BluRay as I don't have to worry about the internet or any problems associated with it. I can get very frustrated and annoyed when I have to deal with buffering or loading issues while binge-watching a show. It can even drive me away from a show or website for a while.



I binge a lot of different things though, and my definition of binging might not be exactly the same as everyone else. Most people think of it as watching a lot of episodes of the same show, I however sometimes binge a lot of the same genre. I do this with anime sometime. For example the other night I watched two episodes of The Ancient Magus' Bride, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCSUxwuqEzQ
and Citrus.
I also really enjoy binging on standup comedy. I love going through comedian after comedian, and learning which one I like and which ones I don't.
One thing is though, it isn't just tv and videos you can binge on. I can go on video game binges as well. One such game I have binged some recently, as well as many other of my friends, is Monster Hunter Worlds. The funny thing to me though is even though it is about the same. Gaming binges are more stigmatized. I find this a little odd as it takes more brain power and hand-eye coordination than videos. You would think it would be the other way around but it isn't. I binge watch a lot though, and I really enjoy it. If you haven't before, try binge-watching a show. Many from the list above are amazing and I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment